Online Privacy Statement
Last Modified December 2019
Thank you for your interest in Brooks Brothers Group, Inc.(“Brooks Brothers”). Brooks Brothers is committed to protecting the information that you share with us, and explaining how we collect, use, process, and share that information.
This Privacy Statement applies to Personal Information (defined below) collected at our stores or on our websites, mobile applications, cloud-based services, or controlled widgets embedded in communication platforms with a link to this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Site”). It covers how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process such Personal Information as of the date that this Privacy Statement is posted. It does not apply to any other information collected by Brooks Brothers through any other means. By “Personal Information,” we mean information that identifies or can identify you personally.
Note for California Residents
If you are a California resident, there are additional disclosures, rights and procedures that apply to you or from which you may benefit; please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents, below, for more information.
|Summary of Key Considerations|
|Collection||We collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us or that we obtain while you are using our Services.|
|Protection||We employ appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and designed to ensure correct use of Personal Information.|
|Use||We use Personal Information to provide you with our services, to build features that will make our services easier to use and available on our Sites, to contact you about our services, and to send advertisements, marketing material or other offers that we think might be of interest to you, to perform data analytics, or for other purposes permitted by law.|
|Marketing and Choices||You have control on how we use Personal Information for marketing. To exercise your control in any marketing communication, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or follow the instructions provided in the marketing communication.|
|Sharing||We share your Personal Information with our affiliates, external service providers, third party vendors, in-store tailors and associates, and/or other unaffiliated third parties for marketing and/or as otherwise necessary to perform transactions with you and manage our business.|
|Access and Data Subject Rights||Brooks Brothers understands that you may want to change, access, or delete your Personal Information. You may do so by accessing your profile or by contacting us at email@example.com.|
|Cross-Border Data Transfers||Certain of our Services, including our Site, are operated in the United States. If you are located outside the US, your Personal Information will be transferred to the US, a jurisdiction that may not provide an equivalent level of protection as your home jurisdiction. Cross-border transfer is, therefore, necessary for the conclusion or performance of a transaction that you are requesting, and for the establishment, exercise, and defense of legal claims. To the extent permitted by local law, your use of our Services or provision of any Personal Information constitutes your consent to the cross-border transfer of Personal Information and the other activities identified in this Privacy.|
|Children||We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If a child under the age of 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
1. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information to offer our Services, maintain and enhance our Services, protect the security of you and our Services, comply with legal obligations, and inform you about other services and products that may be available through us, our affiliated companies, and our marketing partners. We collect Personal Information about you when you interact with or use our Services, such as when you:
- Visit our Site;
- Sign up as a registered user on our Site;
- Register with us online or at one of our stores for the My Brooks Rewards program;
- Sign up for our newsletter;
- Make a purchase or use a service on this Site or in store;
- Interact with our customer service personnel, by phone, email, or at one of our stores;
- Participate in promotions or surveys;
- Submit comments, reviews, or other user-generated content;
- Connect or interact with us through social networks (e.g. Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yelp) or Live Chat;
- Interact with our store locator;
- Interact with our mobile application, including the receipt of push notifications; and
- Request customer or technical support.
The Personal Information we collect depends on how you interact with us. Personal Information we collect includes:
- Identification and contact information (including name, postal or billing address, e-mail address, telephone or mobile number);
- Username and password for Sites;
- Credit card and payment information;
- Location, including via IP address;
- Cookies and similar technologies;
- Purchase, transaction, return, and exchange information;
- My Brooks Rewards account information;
- Birthdate and age;
- Wish list;
- Device information (e.g. device model, operating system version, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, IP address);
- The manner in which you use our Site or mobile applications (e.g., search terms used, pages visited, application performance);
- Social media information and other content you provide;
- Demographic and socioeconomic information; and
- Other Personal Information, including information that you have disclosed to us in our communications with you, by phone, email, or in person.
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, for example from forms you complete, preferences you express or provide, or products you purchase.
- Indirectly from you, for example from observing your actions on our Site.
- Automatically from you, for example through cookies as you navigate through our Site.
- From third-parties, such as our joint marketing partners, third-party websites, the banks that operate our private label credit card programs, or other unrelated third-parties, in connection with the products and services we provide to you.
Even if you do not send us any Personal Information, we collect certain non-Personal Information about how you use our Site. This information is used for statistical purposes and to provide personalized marketing content.
2. Use of your Personal Information
We generally process and may disclose your Personal Information to others to effectuate our business activities, including to:
- Provide you with products and services, including managing product returns or exchanges, authenticating authorized users, and marketing our products and services;
- Perform certain transactions initiated by you;
- Respond to your communications, questions, complaints, or reviews of our products;
- Send you communications about online transactions, product information, ads and promotions, including relating to other products and services, electronic newsletters, or other notices you requested or offers tailored to you;
- Notify you when an item